Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tell the Truth.

"Why do we always say we're fine,
when it's obviously we're lying?
Why don't we ever tell the truth,
what do we got to lose?"
- When The Time Comes, The Classic Crime
Hello my WONDERFUL readers!
I want you to STOP reading this for a moment...
LISTEN to this song...
A DEAR friend of mine,
BIANCA,
(she's prolly doing "HAPPY, EXCITING hands... :) )
Introduced me to this BAND
and I am more GRATEFUL that she did
because of THIS moment.
This song has been a product of GOD'S perfect timing.
This past week has been the HARDEST of my life.
One of my friends has been going through a very DIFFICULT time.
As a friend and a person who is very EMPATHETIC and
CARES very much about my friends,
this has been EXTREMELY hard on me.
if you have SEEN me in the past week,
you may have NOTICED I haven't been myself.
This is WHY.
I have come to BELIEVE that
if your INWARD emotions, etc.,
become visible OUTWARDLY,
there is a PROBLEM.
it wasn't until a DEAR friend here
POINTED this out to me
and we came to the CONCLUSION
that this was the CAUSE.
I am NOT blaming my friend.
I feel that blame is IRRELEVANT at this point and pointless.
Though HEALING will take much time for my friend,
and for a WHILE,
I thought it was the SAME for me,
SHARING in their pain and everything.
But the HEALING has begun.
The pain on my part is GONE.
I HURT for my friend
but not nearly as bad and CONSUMING
as it was BEFORE.
I am FREE.
I PRAY that they will be too.
Thank you very much for your PRAYERS.
Thank you for your GUIDANCE.
This whole EXPERIENCE has brought something to my attention.
Why cannot we be REAL?
A SWEET friend of mine here
told me that she had to get READY for something
after BREAKING down,
saying, "I am expected to be PERFECT."
What is this WORLD coming to?
Where we are EXPECTED to wear the MASK?
To HIDE our true selves?
What if we put ourselves OUT there,
REAL and VULNERABLE?
What if we ACCEPTED people,
FLAWED, IMPERFECT and yet BEAUTIFUL?
I think this would DRASTICALLY change the world.
People could know the TRUTH,
People could get the HELP they need,
People could LIVE!
I DREAM of this world.
I dream of UNCOVERING masks.
SHOWING people that who they are,
though the world may not ACCEPT them,
DON'T need man's approval
but RATHER have been
WRAPPED in the abundantly loving arms
of a FORGIVING SAVIOR.
This is what i DREAM of...
Will you JOIN me as I dream?
Will you help me make it a REALITY?
When you PASS by someone,
and THEY say:
"HI!"
and YOU respond with:
"Hi! How are YOU?"
and they SAY:
"GOOD! and you?"
YOU? you:
Tell them the HONEST truth!
I CHARGE you.
"What have we got to LOSE?"
Thank you for READING :)
This has been on my mind ALOT lately.
THought I would share it with the THREE people
who ACTUALLY read this :)
You all are a BLESSING to my life.
I LOVE you all and
I hope you know that you are LOVED.
ENJOY your PURPOSED Breaths
and Have a BEAUTIFULLY BLESSED day
DESPITE what it holds.
HIS,
Amy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fruitcup, I love you so much. I love this 'movement' that you are inspiring/challenging us to do. I pray that we can all take it as seriously as necessary. If we can not be honest with each other I pray we can at least be serious with God. I absolutely LOVE the song, of course, they are my Favorite band! I love that they were able to speak to your soul in a way that blessed you because they speak to my soul in ways that overwhelmingly bless me! Keep listening and enjoying and being blessed! Love you fruitcup!
I would have said this was me (Bianca) but then i would need to sign up for an account or something, so hey, this comment is from Bianca!

Anonymous said...

You're so cute! I haven't listened to the song yet, but am gonna! I think most of the time when people ask, "How are you?", they don't REALLY want to know. They're just making conversation. It would certainly be interesting if we all started being completely honest and open with each other and answered the question truthfully.
-Alexx

Anonymous said...

"I have come to believe that if your inward emotions, etc., become visible outwardly, there is a problem."

Why do you believe this?

With all due respect, I suppose I have experienced the exact opposite. It is when I allow my emotions to be seen and heard that my relationships are strengthened and on the whole I am much less of a lonely person....I greatly respect the person who can dance when they have the inkling to dance and is not afraid to cry in public....the longer I live the less reign I have in on my tears. Believe me - I started bawling in the middle of a Navigator's meeting. I was definitely offered Kleenex :)