Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm going Back to the Basics of a Christ-driven life

i am so sorry its taken me forever to write something lately! :)
alot has happened in this past month!
i have gained and lost a job,
saw more movies in the past month
than i have in the past year.
i am currently on vacation
in the good ol' hot and humid OK
after being in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas
in the past 5 days.
its gotten to 100 degrees with humidity... HOT.
ive looked at 4 colleges in the five days.
i have gotten my acceptance letter
from my local community college,
and i still don't know what i want
to do with my life,
or what God wants to do with my life.
because of this, I want to go back to the basics.
in the past few weeks,
i have come to this conclusion:
Hope- Doubt = Faith.
Ive got my share of doubts,
even more than my share possibly haha
but i know that when my doubts
are present, i cannot be a person of Faith.
"Oh You of little faith, why did you doubt?"
so i'm going back to the basics,
not to live by hope but by FAITH.
i want to have real faith, real love and a true identity
in Christ and to come to try to comprehend the God I claim to live for.
so i'm going back to the basics of my life in christ.
Please pray for the fire to blaze again.

My mom was asking what i was doing
and i told her i was doing this, which i am ;)
she told me to tell you all hello for me ;)
that being said, i will talk to you soon :)
Amy <3

3 comments:

Liz said...

i love that little equation!

hope-doubt=faith! awesome! :)

Bill and Debra said...

I pray for you Amy. This is an exciting time in your life. Not knowing what you want to be or do is not a bad thing this early in the game. If your heart is truly open hands free to what the Lord wants for you, He will let you know and pave a path for you.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom & I read this & we are so excited of your pursuit of going back to the basics to your life in Christ. That is the place always to go. We are here to help as you travel down this path. You don't have to do it alone. You may have had a dream end or be postponed but God has shown us that He has a of revising dreams & giving new ones if we will only seek Him earnestly & be willing to do "whatever it takes." Here's a verse I read this morning that encouraged me: "That we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me." It is HIS energy not ours. Love you! Dad