Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thoughts on Today

"LIVE in the Present."
"Today is ALL you have."
"Today is a GIFT, that's why they call it the PRESENT."
ever HEARD of these before?
I SURE have.
I BELIEVE them too.
but another THING.
Do you ever wonder WHY you have today?
WHY have you been GIVEN another day?
I have thought about this before.
I am NOT perfect.
WHY would a PERFECT GOD give me,
an IMPERFECT SPECK,
another DAY when I would most likely take it for GRANTED?
I am NOT trying to make you depressed.
If I am, my BAD.
There's HOPE.
TODAY is a PROMISE.
TODAY is a REASSURANCE.
It's like God said,
"my BELOVED SPECK, I'm not THROUGH with you yet."
Then He gives you your next BREATH.
Amazing, isn't it?
Each Breath, Each Day, Each Moment,
FULL OF PURPOSE.
I have had some pretty HARD days.
I've had some pretty UNEVENTFUL days.
But...
I have NEVER had a WASTED day.
Even in the PAIN,
God bestowed His LOVE and PROMISE.
Even in the BOREDOM,
God was BUSY, working in MY LIFE.
Even though I don't always SEE it,
GOD IS MOVING IN MY LIFE.
No matter what the day HOLDS,
It is BLESSED NONETHELESS.
BLESSED by the hand of GOD.
BLESSED with His PROMISES.
BLESSED with His PURPOSE for YOU.
BLESSED because even in the pain,
NOTHING IS WASTED.
so my friend,
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
thank you for BLESSING MY LIFE and reading this.
His,
Amy :)

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Your blog made me think of something I read today so I thought I would share.


This morning when I woke up
And saw the sun above, I softly said, "Good morning, Lord, Bless everyone I love."

Right away I thought of you And said a loving prayer That He would bless you specially, And keep you free from care. I thought of all the happiness The day could hold in store, I wished it all for you because No one deserves it more.

I felt so warm and good inside,
My heart was all aglow, I know God heard my prayers for you,He hears them all, you know!

-Unknown