Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello, My name is Amy and I am not Superwoman!

Wow!
Computer-less+ Blogging Mode= Badddd and Unfortunate Combo.
ive got about 3 blog ideas swimming in my brain right now.
One is about the Superman complex.
One is about a song
One is... oh dang... that one swam to the deep side of my brain where i will Suddenly recollect... in quite some time...
haha yup.
Ohhh the joys of having Inspiration and no computer to spill them into.
Im going to cover this one about the Superman complex.
OHHHH OHHH! i remember the last one.
the Frailty of life... thats one i have wanted to write about but i don't know if thats THE one... we will have to see :)
Oh yeah.
Superman.
Superwoman.
Superperson.
Whathaveyou.
So I have this thing about helping people.
No matter what has happened or is going on,
most times, when my Friends or family are in need or in pain,
Just like Super(man) I want to drop what I am doing to go help.
and just like Superman, I think that only I can save them.
Many times, with this latter mindset, I often feel quite the opposite of Superman.
Especially when I myself can't do a thing about it.
Or even worse, when I know what Can help but I am out of my power to do so or the person i am helping doesn't seem to want the solution.
So often I forget that i wasn't made to be SUPERWOMAN (Duh Duh DUNNNN!)
but rather, Christ is the only SUPERMAN. in fact, He's beyond Superman.
He's SUPERGOD. :)
I forget that my power is the same as if i tried to use a AAA battery to run a Plane or Rocket or something.
Doesn't work right?
Right. Only His power can make it work.
"With God, all things are possible."
its not God AND YOU. its GOD. just GOD.
He is at work, showing his power, seeking His glory, all on his own.
In our own lives,
WE forget that we aren't Superperson.
we think, oh we will be JUST FINE!
My trials made me Stronger.
Not necessarily. Christ made you stronger because YOU COULDN'T do it.
Right now,
Im learning and reminding myself that
I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN
I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN
I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN.
CHRIST IS SUPERGOD.
he's the only one who can help us.
You cannot save yourself.
As i have looked back at the moments of difficulty in my life the past year or so,
the moments where i felt helpless and uncertain,
Somehow i am here today.
He is that Somehow.
When we realize we aren't Superperson,
We can realize how much of a SuperGod He is
and stand back and be AMAZED.
So stand back and be Amazed.
Let him be your Strength.
Let Him be your Rescue.
then you can fully understand when He says:
"I have spared you for this very purpose,
that I may show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
(Exodus 9:16)
Amazing, HUH?!
Let us stand in awe together, Today :)
More to come,
Thanks for reading :)
From one Non-Superperson to another,
God bless and enjoy your day of Purpose :)
Amy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this Blog Amy, Yeah you and i have been coming up with some new terms or well, understanding different meanings they have for the purpose of Jesus Christ.