Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First 'R' Rated Movie.

Hello!
Well here I sit in the campus Library, typing away...
My poor laptop has been with IT since Wednesday.
I miss it. I have a blog already written out and everything on it...
All my music, my writings, all on my laptop.
But I wanted you to know that i will post another blog soon :)
So on the Eve of Valentine's Day, or SAD for some,
I went with my good friends Faithie and Matt to see the movie Slumdog Millionaire.
I want it to be noted that i NEVER see rated R movies.
there is a reason for them being rated R and that typically gives me a reason not to see it :)
haha. I just don't want that kind of thing in my head.
I got to the theatre and what do you know, this movie was rated R.
This was going to be interesting.
for those of you who don't know what Slumdog Millionaire is about,
it is about an 18 year old orphan who grew up in the slums of India with little education and facing the world and its difficulties. He finds himself on India's version of America's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" and answers them correctly, up to the second to last one, all based on his experiences that life has brought him. When the session ends for the day, right before the last question, he is taken in, accused of cheating. From then on, we see the young man grow up and witness the moments in his life that have alowed him to answer the questions, all the while, proving he did not cheat.
Although there is much language and some sexual content, i would recommend this movie to anyone. This movie puts life beyond our Christian, and even American bubble in perspective. it has become one of my favorites.
Does he win? well you will have to go see for yourself :)
But i would HIGHLY recommend this movie for anyone wanting to witness a taste of the world beyond their coastal doorstep :)
thanks for listening. :)
another post soon!!
God bless! LOVE YOUU!
Amy :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

you made me really wanna see this movie! lol.

Faith said...

Yay! Great movie, glad you saw it with us! =)