Monday, March 30, 2009

I Was Hungry; but Did You Feed Me?


I should be working on my reflection questions for Irresistible Revolution. They are due tomorrow.

I shouldn't be on Facebook; but I am. I guess that is a good thing because in me, my heart breaks. I found my way on a page for this group: http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=8&oid=8481112831&aid=-1&auser=&view=all#/group.php?gid=8481112831&ref=mf

The pictures broke my heart. I sit here, tapping on a computer that isn't mine, but provided by my extremely nice school. I have more than the clothes on my back and an extremely nice place to live. Before I was here, I ate in the cafeteria where tons of food is wasted each day. I am a hypocrite. I desire to follow Christ and help the world in need of so much. yet I cling and seek to acquire "crap" (as my pastor here in CA puts it) while others in the world cling desperately for their lives because they don't have clothes on their back, they don't have food to horde, and they don't have anyone willing to let go of their "crap" to hold them.

Why are we so blind? Day after day a complacent and wealthy "Christan" nation is shown in the news and through the Internet, the pain and moans of the world crying out for a savior. We know this Savior and we say nothing. We see the disturbing images of this broken world and then walk away and forget. We let the children go hungry and die. We let enemies rage war against the innocent. And we wonder what is wrong with the world and how GOD has let this happen. How have WE let this happen?! Our complacency and silence isn't doing anything, its killing.

We claim to be like Christ and believe what he says but if we really do that, then why do we not feed him? why don't we clothe him or give him a place to live?
Matthew 25:45 (MSG):
'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me—you failed to do it to me.'
(Matthew 25:34-46)

How can we look in their eyes and say that the stuff we hold in our hands is more important than they are? Can't we let the stuff go and hold them and prove that we love?

Let us Prove Love.
Let us let go of our "crap".
Let us Hold them.
Let us Feed them.

Let us clothe them.
let us LOVE them.
Let us LOVE Jesus.


Thanks for reading!
Amy :)

No comments: